Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Family Wooden Dolls


After seeing this post from Jessica at Shower of Roses, I knew I wanted to attempt painting these little wooden saint dolls for my daughter as she learned her alphabet.  As you can see, I fell way behind. (She already knows her alphabet).  However, I have plans to finish them.  So far I have completed St. Anne, St. Bernadette, and St. Catherine of Siena, and both of my daughters love to play with them.


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


Once my daughter began playing with the saint dolls, I decided to paint Moira a family of dolls for Christmas based on our family.  Notice Dad and the four boys are all wearing Notre Dame attire; ND football  is very popular among our family!  Of course the little girls had to be dressed in pink and purple, their favorite colors.  :)


                       *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * *  *  *  *  *  * 
When I ordered the blank wooden dolls, some of them came with a blank cardboard house, which I also painted for Moira.  The 8 family members fit perfectly within the house for storage, and my daughter loves to play with them together.  Later I added a wooden Grandma doll, and Moira has requested another addition to her family of dolls, an uncle who is a priest.  Perhaps I will get that one and some more saints completed for 2014 Christmas.  


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! I can't wait to see the uncle who is a priest. Where do you and Jessica find the time? May God bless you and may Our Lady keep you close to her Immaculate Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kindness. As you can see, I do not often find the time. I am so far behind on them. Fortunately she is patient:) . May God bless you and your family also. Thanks again, and God bless! Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!