Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Few Fun Links

I hope everyone is having a blessed Advent!  It seems to be speeding by.

Last week a friend of mine emailed me the following link, and I was so excited to see it. These Fr. Peter 1943 cutouts are paper figures of a traditional priest and a server.  Also included in these free printables are the items the priest and alter server would use for Mass and Benediction.

As the site relates:

Meet Father Peter and Altar Boy Paul. Using the provided paper dolls and cutout vestments, children could help Father Peter dress properly for the celebration of Mass or the Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament in all its pre-Vatican II splendor. The instructions encouraged children to color the vestments appropriately for whichever liturgical season they would like to celebrate or to use the color for their patron saint's day.

The article also includes descriptions of all the priestly paraphernalia that Fr. Peter and Altar Boy Paul would employ for Mass and the Benediction. From candlesticks, a missal and a monstrance to a host, a chalice and a paten, the cutouts are quite exhaustive and the accompanying information is quite educational. There's even a pop-up altar to assemble!

Page one of multiple pages
I believe just one vestment is included, but I am thinking of printing multiple of that page, so my kids could dress Fr. Peter in the correct liturgical color.  I love finding traditional items for children, and these seem to be so well done!  I know my kids will enjoy using them, or at least building all of the pieces (for the older kids).  I hope you enjoy them.

I also wanted to provide a link to Lilla Rose.  I wrote about this company on a previous post, and I decided to host a party on her site.  If you are interested in checking them out, you can click on the above link, which will take you to the site under my listing.  I have a flexi clip coming for my oldest daughter, and I am so excited.  I know she will love it, and I have read that they stay in hair well.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...