Tuesday, May 5, 2015

For Mother's Day

This Sunday we celebrate Mother's Day, a day on which we remember the love our own mothers have shown us and in return honor them in a special way. One simple, but beautiful way to shower love upon our mothers is to pray to Our Lord, asking Him to bless them with His grace and mercy, and to our Lady, that she may keep them forever beneath her mantle of protection.




On this special day of honoring mothers, may we also remember to render special honor to Mary, the Mother of Our Lord and of each of us. John 19:26-27 relates that while on the cross, Jesus addressed His Mother and the disciple whom He loved, saying to His Mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” To the disciple John, he said, “Behold, your mother!” With these words Our Lord gave to Mary a universal motherhood; thus she became Mother to all people. Holding onto this knowledge, may each of us this day and always embrace Mary as Mother, and, just as we lean to our own earthly mothers for guidance and love, may we commend ourselves with full confidence to the maternal love of Mother Mary.

+               +               +               +               +

Act of Consecration

Most Holy Mary, virgin Mother of God, I (full name), most unworthy though I am to be thy servant, yet touched by thy motherly care for me and longing to serve thee, do, in the presence of my guardian angel and all the court of heaven, choose thee this day to be my queen, my advocate, and my mother, and I firmly purpose to serve thee evermore myself and to do what I can that all may render faithful service to thee.

Therefore, most devoted Mother, through the precious blood thy Son poured out for me, I beg thee, deign to take me among thy clients and receive me as thy servant forever.

Aid me in my every action, and beg for me the grace never, by word or deed or thought, to be displeasing in thy sight and that of thy most holy Son.

Think of me, my dearest Mother, and desert me not at the hour of my death. Amen.

--St. Francis de Sales

God bless!
+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!