Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Prayer for the Intercession of St. Josemaria Escriva

June 26 is the feast of St. Josemaria Escriva, a Spanish priest who was canonized in 2002. He is well-known for founding Opus Dei, meaning the Work of God, which focused on reaching sanctification through our daily work and the fulfillment of our Christian duties. St. Josemaria was convinced that in order to attain sanctity through our daily work, one needs to strive to be a soul of prayer. Living in this way, everything becomes prayer, leading us to God in each moment of our day and drawing others to Him as well. St. Josemaria spoke of this, saying, “Either we learn to find our Lord in ordinary, everyday life, or else we shall never find Him.”


St. Josemaria especially emphasized serving God at all times by beginning the day with a morning prayer, an offering to Our Lord and Lady of all that we shall do that day. His mother taught him the following morning offering, which he said daily throughout his life.

O my Lady, O my Mother, I offer myself entirely to you, and in proof of my filial affection I offer to you this day my eyes, my ears, my tongue, my heart, in a word, my whole self. Now that I am entirely yours Mother of goodness, keep me and defend me as your own property and possession. Amen.

St. Josemaria Escriva is also well-known for his written works of spiritual guidance, such as The Way. These small, but profound, works provide the reader with guidance to sanctify every moment and act of the day. The following prayer asks God to grant a special request and help us attain sanctification through the intercession of St. Josemaria Escriva, known as the Saint of the ordinary.

Prayer for the Intercession of St. Josemaria Escriva

O God, through the mediation of Mary our Mother, you granted your priest St. Josemaría countless graces, choosing him as a most faithful instrument to found Opus Dei, a way of sanctification in daily work and in the fulfillment of the Christian's ordinary duties. Grant that I too may learn to turn all the circumstances and events of my life into occasions of loving You and serving the Church, the Pope and all souls with joy and simplicity, lighting up the pathways of this earth with faith and love. Deign to grant me, through the intercession of St. Josemaría, the favor of (make your request). Amen.
Recite one Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be.

God bless!
+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!