Tuesday, September 22, 2015

In Honor of our Guardian Angels

For he hath given his angels charge over thee; to keep thee in all thy ways.  --Psalm 90:11


On October 2 Holy Mother Church celebrates the feast of the holy Guardian Angels. As Pope John XXIII stated, Our “...Father in heaven has charged His angels to come to our assistance during our earthly journey..., so that, protected by the angels' help and care, we may avoid the snares upon our path, subdue our passions and, under this angelic guidance, follow always the straight and sure road which leads to Paradise....”
+
For this great gift of His angels, we should thank God for out of His love for us, we each are accompanied by a heavenly guide. While October 2 is especially dedicated to them, we should remember our angels daily. Pope Pius XI confided that throughout each day he prayed to his guardian angel, asking for help in difficult times and also expressing gratitude for the angel's heavenly assistance.
+
St. Bernard of Clairvaux suggested we treat our Guardian Angels with “...reverence because of their presence; devotion because of their benevolence; confidence because of their solicitude.”
+
Let us, then, follow these examples and affectionately love our Guardian Angels. Let us remember to greet them when we rise, pray to them for help throughout our day, and express our gratitude for the constant help and love they give to us.


+               +               +               +                +

Saint Gertrude’s Prayer to One's Guardian Angel
O most holy Angel of God, appointed by God to my Guardian, I give thee thanks for all the benefits which thou hast ever bestowed on me in body and soul. I praise and glorify thee that thou condescended to assist me with such patient fidelity, and to defend me against all the assaults of my enemy. Blessed be the hour in which thou were assigned me for my Guardian, my defender and my patron. In acknowledgment and return for all thy loving ministries to me, I offer thee the infinitely precious and noble Heart of Jesus, and firmly purpose to obey thee henceforward, and most faithfully to serve my God. Amen.

God bless!
+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!