Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Prayer of St. Gemma Galgani to Jesus Crucified

"I wish, oh Jesus, that my voice could reach to the ends of the world, to call all sinners and tell them to enter into Thy Heart....Oh, if only all sinners would come to Thy Heart!... Come! Come sinners, do not be afraid! The sword of Justice cannot reach you Here!"
~St Gemma Galgani



Prayer of St. Gemma Galgani
O my crucified God, behold me at Thy feet; deign to cast me not out, now that I appear before Thee as a sinner.  I have offended Thee exceedingly in the past, my Jesus, but it shall be so no longer.  Before Thee, my God, I put all my sins...; I have now considered them and behold, they do not deserve Thy pardon; but do Thou cast one glance upon Thy sufferings and see how great is the worth of that Precious Blood that flows from Thy veins.  O my God, at this hour close Thine eyes to my want of merit and open them to Thine infinite mercy, and since Thou hast been pleased to die for my sins, grant me forgiveness for them all, that I may no longer feel the burden of my sins, for this burden, dear Jesus, oppresses me beyond measure.  Assist me, my Jesus, for I desire to become good whatsoever it may cost; take away, destroy, utterly root out all that Thou findest in me contrary to Thy holy will.  At the same time I pray Thee, O Jesus, to enlighten me, that I may be able to walk in Thy holy light.
--St. Gemma Galgani

God bless!
+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!