Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Prayer to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus

Saint Peter Eymard stated, "The life of Christ in the Eucharist is a life of love for His Father, to Whom He is incessantly offering His actions, His sacramental presence, His previous Passion now commemorated in the Mass. It is also a life of love for men who have to be saved. His Heart is the centre of all hearts."
+
Holy Mother Church dedicates the month of June to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.  While the two major aspects of devotion to the Sacred Heart are reparation and confidence, another focus, often overlooked, is that of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, the Heart which loves with such love that He chooses to remain in all of the tabernacles of Catholic Churches throughout the world, waiting for us to visit Him, pray to Him, and love Him in return.  As Pope Benedict XV stated about this devotion to our Lord,

"...the Church wishes... the faithful to approach this sacred mystery with confidence, and to inflame their hearts with that divine charity which consumed the Sacred Heart of Jesus when, in His infinite love, He instituted the Most Holy Eucharist, wherein the Divine Heart guards and loves them by living with them, as they live and abide in Him. For in the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist He offers and gives Himself to us as victim, companion, nourishment, viaticum, and pledge of our future glory."

During this month of our Lord, as we strive to make reparation for the sins committed against His most adorable Heart, may we also remember to give Him due honor and love by visiting Him and adoring Him in adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament.  May we always call to mind the Love that awaits for us in the tabernacle.  Let us draw near to His Sacred Heart, which is waiting in silence for us, and remain, listening out of love, in silence with Him.  The prayer that follows is a beautiful prayer to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus.


Prayer to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, gracious companion of our exile, I adore You.  Eucharistic Heart of Jesus -- lonely Heart -- humiliated Heart -- abandoned Heart -- forgotten Heart -- despised Heart -- outraged Heart -- Heart ignored by men -- Heart which loves our own hearts -- Heart pleading for our love--Heart so patient in waiting for us--Heart so eager to listen to our prayers -- Heart so anxious for our requests -- Heart, welcome refuge of the hidden life -- Heart, teacher of the secrets of union with God -- Heart of Him who sleeps but watches always -- Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
+
O Jesus Divine Victim, I desire to comfort You; I unite myself to You; I offer myself in union with You.  I regard myself as nothing in Your presence.  I long to forget myself in order to think only of You, to be despised and forgotten for love of You.  I have no desire to be understood or loved by anyone but You.  I will keep silent in order to listen to You, and I will abandon myself in order to lose myself in You.
+
Grant that I may thus satisfy Your thirst for my salvation, Your burning thirst for my holiness, and that once purified I may give You a sincere and pure love.  I am anxious not to tire You further with waiting; take me, I hand myself over to You.  I give You all my actions, my mind to be enlightened, my heart to be directed, my will to be stabilized, my wretchedness to be relieved, my soul and body to be nourished by You.
+
Eucharistic Heart of my Savior, whose blood is the life of my soul, may I myself cease to live and You alone live in me.  Amen.


God bless!
+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!