Saturday, August 17, 2019

Consecration to the Admirable Heart of Mary

On August 22 Holy Mother Church celebrates the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. With the words of St. John Eudes in mind, let us strive to honor our Lady's Immaculate Heart, consecrating ourselves to her, making reparation for offenses committed against her, and showing her acts of love and thanksgiving for all she does for us.  Through our daily Rosaries, our five First Saturdays, and many other devotions, may we always strive to honor the Mother of God.
+
"Mary is truly admirable in all her perfections and in all her virtues. But what is most admirable in her is her virginal heart. The heart of the Mother of God is a world of marvels, an abyss of wonders, the source and principle of all the virtues which we admire in our glorious Queen: 'All the glory of the king's daughter is within.'"  He continues, "Her Heart is a vast sea of grace, a measureless ocean of perfections, an immense furnace of love.... O most holy Mary, Thy divine Son, Jesus, hath created thy Heart, and He alone knows the great treasures he has hidden therein. He it was who lit the fire burning in this furnace, and none but He can measure the heights reached by the flames which leap from its abyss. He alone can measure the vast perfections with which He has enriched the masterpiece of His all-powerful goodness, or count the innumerable graces He has poured into this ocean of grace..." --St. John Eudes
+
Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation!


Consecration to the Admirable Heart Of Mary
by St. John Eudes

0 most holy Heart of Mary, ever Immaculate, ever Virgin, holiest, purest, noblest, greatest,
inexhaustible fountain of goodness, sweetness, mercy and love; model of every virtue, image of the
Adorable Heart of Jesus Christ ever burning with the most ardent charity, who lovest God more than
all the Seraphim together. Heart of the Mother of the Redeemer, seat of peace, wherein mercy and
justice are allied, whence peace between Heaven and earth has begun to be treated, who didst feel our
miseries so deeply, who didst suffer so much for our salvation, who still lovest us so ardently and
who dost merit by all these rights, the respect, love, and confidence of all men: deign to accept my poor tribute of love.

Prostrate before thee I tender thee the most profound homage of which I am capable; I thank
thee for the feelings of love and mercy with which thou art so deeply moved at the sight of our misery;

I offer thee my humble thanks for all the gifts I have received from thy goodness, and I unite with all
the pure souls who delight in honoring, praising and loving thee. They have learned from the Holy
Spirit Who directs them, that it is through thee they must go to Jesus Christ, and offer to this God-
Man their need of adoration.

Therefore, 0 most loving Heart, thou shalt henceforth be the object of my veneration, of my
love and most tender devotion; thou shalt be the way whereby I shall go to my Saviour, as it is
through thee that His mercy shall come to me; thou shalt be my refuse in every need, my consolation
in every affliction; from thee I shall learn the purity, humility, meekness and above all, the love of
Jesus; I shall ask for these virtues through thy merits and so shall infallibly obtain them. I presume
to offer thee my heart sullied with a thousand sins; all unworthy as it is I trust that thou wilt not
despise it. Grant by thy powerful mediation that it may be purified and detached from every creature;
penetrate it with sorrow for my sins; fill it with the love of the Divine Heart of Jesus, thy Son, that
it may be eternally united with thee in Heaven, there to love God forever. Amen.
+                    +                    +
"The Immaculate alone has from God the promise of victory over Satan. She seeks souls that will consecrate themselves entirely to her, that will become in her hands forceful instruments for the defeat of Satan and the spread of God's kingdom." 
 --St. Maximilian Kolbe
God bless!
+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!