Saturday, February 15, 2020

Keeping God in Mind throughout Our Day

"We must pray without ceasing, in every occurrence and employment of our lives - that prayer which is rather a habit of lifting up the heart to God as in a constant communication with Him."  --Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton

The Saints have repeated throughout history of the need to pray throughout our day, keeping our minds upon our Lord to seek His help, to love Him, and to thank Him. We are encouraged to make use of a morning and night offering, as well as small prayers throughout our day to aid us in growing closer to God.

Angelus

"Never forget that it is at the beginning of each day that God has the necessary grace for the day ready for us. He knows exactly what opportunities we shall have to sin, and will give us everything we need if we ask him then. That is why the devil does all he can to prevent us from saying our morning prayers or to make us say them badly."

--St. John Vianney
Morning Offering
O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary [here kiss your Scapular as sign of your consecration to Mary, which carries a partial indulgence], I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the altars throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word and action of this day. O my Jesus, I desire to day to gain every indulgence and merit I can and I offer them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate, that she may best apply them in the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Precious Blood of Jesus, save us! Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!

+                         +                         +
"It is an old custom of the saints of God to have some little prayers ready and to be frequently darting them up to heaven during the day, lifting their minds to God out of the mire of this world. He who adopts this plan will obtain great fruits with little pain."--St. Phillip Neri

Prayer When the Clock Strikes
O most sweet Jesus; I commend to Thy Divine Heart all that I have done in the hour that is gone; to be cleansed and purified, and offered to God the Father for His eternal praise. And whatsoever I shall do in the hour that is beginning; I resolve to do simply and purely for the glory of God and for the salvation of all mankind; in union with Thy Passion. Amen. --Saint Gertrude and Saint Mechtilde

+                         +                         +
"I shall love You, I shall love You always; when day breaks, when evening turns into night, at every hour, at every moment; I shall love You always, always, always".
--St. Gemma Galgani

Night Prayer by St. Alphonsus
Jesus Christ, my God, I adore Thee and I thank Thee for the many favors Thou hast bestowed on me this day. I offer Thee my sleep and all the moments of this night, and I pray Thee to preserve me from sin. Therefore, I place myself in Thy most sacred side, and under the mantle of our Blessed Lady, my Mother. May the holy Angels assist me and keep me in peace, and may Thy blessing be upon me.

+
"It’s impossible to lose your footing when you’re on your knees."--Venerable Fulton Sheen

God bless!
+JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!