Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel

On July 16 Holy Mother Church honors Our Lady of Mount Carmel. On July 16, 1251 Our Lady appeared to St. Simon Stock after he prayed for help for his Order, the Carmelites. She appeared to him with the scapular and said, "Take, beloved son, this scapular of thy order...; whoever dies in this garment, will not suffer everlasting fire. It is the sign of salvation, a safeguard in dangers, a pledge of peace and of the covenant."
Later the Carmelite scapular was modified to the small form for use by the laity that they may share in the great graces associated with it once they are enrolled in it. These graces, called the Sabbatine privilege, meant that Mary promised to intercede and pray for those in Purgatory who, while on earth, wore the scapular worthily, lived chastely according to their state, recited the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary or Rosary daily, and departed earthly life in charity.
 Wearing the Brown Scapular of Our Lady is not a guarantee of salvation, but it is a sign of our decision to follow Jesus and a way to honor Our Mother, reminding us of how we should act to fulfill God's plan for us. It is a sign of our trust in Mary to pray for and care for us as our Mother and Queen in heaven.

 Below is a novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel; this novena would be prayed from July 7-15 to finish the day before this feast of Our Lady.

Prayer in Special Need To Our Lady of Mount Carmel

O Most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendour of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother. O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart to succour me in this necessity; there are none that can withstand your power. O, show me herein you are my Mother;

O Mary, conceived without sin, Pray for us you have recourse to thee. (Say three times.)


Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands. (Say three times.) Amen.




***Just a note:  I wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate you stopping by my blog.  I have so many other post ideas...cooking, liturgical year, homeschooling, crafts, and more.  It seems like I just never have time to get these posts done.  Currently I am preparing for next school year, and I am 14 weeks pregnant with our seventh child.  With difficulties in past pregnancies, I would appreciate any prayers you could offer for our family.  I will try to keep up with posts --and do better :), but I am trying to pace myself, so this pregnancy goes well.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. God bless!